Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hair Diary: 2 Week Post-BC Update

Second day hair

For the first time in an extremely long time, I absolutely adore my hair! Every time I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror, I can’t help but smile! Although I originally told myself that I would wait until my 12-month post relaxer mark to BC, I have absolutely no regrets about choosing to BC earlier. For anyone that is still going through the transitioning process, HANG IN THERE! At times I know that it can be really frustrating, but it is totally worth it!

For the past two weeks, I have just been experimenting with products to get a feel of what my hair likes, and how my hair reacts when something works really well for it.  I’ve learned that not all conditioners are created equal –at least not when it comes to my hair lol—and my hair will give a distinct reaction when it isn’t a fan of something that I am using. I have already fallen in love with one new product, and have fallen back in love with a product that I had previously written off. I am also in search of really really good protein rich and protein free deep conditioners. Needless to say, there will definitely be TONS of product reviews to come in the future!

I’ve also been working on getting a set regimen. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything, but some adjustments do need to be made to best fit the needs of my hair at this time. I don’t want to use 20,000 different products every single time I put water on my hair, so I’m attempting to formulate something that is extremely simple, yet very effective. Since I haven’t really had the opportunity to play in my hair too much because of school, I have only been wearing wash-n-go’s. That really isn’t a problem for me since I’m basically just moisturizing it every few days and letting it be in the meantime.  

1 comment:

  1. Aww it looks great!! Your curls are really defined!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...