Friday, February 25, 2011

Pretty Nails: An Added Benefit of Good Hair Care


As many know, good hair care practices can lead to longer, healthier hair. In addition to this desired benefit, I have found that it also leads to pretty, well manicured nails. (Bet you didn't think of that benefit, did you? lol)

A commonly overlooked cause of hair breakage is right there on our fingers: our nails. Also a protein element of our body, nails with edges that are not kept smooth have the ability to snag our precious locks, breaking each strand that is caught. Since our nails are an extension of our fingers which are needed to do...well, basically anything...with our hair, this can be a bit troublesome. To prevent inadvertent breakage, check to ensure that your nails are smooth before handling your hair.

For me, this hair care practice has meant an investment in good emory boards (which I now keep handy at all times out of habit) and of course new nail polish (I'm an OPI fanatic!). Since my student budget won't exactly allow me to get my nails professionally done weekly, I've taken to methods of giving myself my own manicure at home. The Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens have been super helpful for those times when the classic manicure needs a little bit of edge put to it. Check out my most recent creation!



These are the products that I used to get this look:

Products from Left to Right: Orly Top 2 Bottom for base coat,  Essie "Turquoise & Caicos", Nicole by OPI  "Give Me the First Dance", OPI RapiDry Top Coat, Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black
The practice of keeping my nails smooth in order to prevent inadvertent hair breakage is definitely one hair care practice that I don't mind having! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...