Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snip, Snip!

{Source}
Yesterday afternoon, as I watched youtube videos, I got a little anxious to start playing with my hair. Since I am trying not to manipulate my hair too often in order to limit the stress on the line of demarcation, I usually only play in my hair on wash days. Wash days for me are on Sundays. Yesterady was Friday. Major dilemma.

Instead of fully playing in my hair, I decided to just play with a small piece. I took a very small section of hair directly above my left ear and saturated it with water. As expected, my new growth curled and my relaxed ends went bone straight. Due to the weight of the relaxed ends, my curls were extremely elongated, to the point that it looked more like a deep wave instead of a curl. I was curious to see what it would look like without the relaxed ends, so I picked up my hair scissors and did a little snip, snip. I wet it with a bit more water and added some Kinky Curly Knot Today. My true curl pattern finally made itself known!
This made me eager to cut off the rest of the relaxed ends, but I promised myself to not do it at least until May 2011. That's only 4 short months from now, so I'm going to wait it out. There may just be some other similar snipping in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...