Friday, January 21, 2011

8 Months Post Relaxer!!!

{Source}
Nothing like a little CURLSpiration!!
Last Saturday marked my 8 month post relaxer mark. Looking back at some pictures I took during the first few months of my transition, I can certainly tell the difference in the length of my natural hair. In short, it seems to have grown like a weed! (Pictures to come soon hopefully). One of the biggest things that I've noticed in these 8 months is that my natural curl pattern is slowly but surely starting to rebel against my transitional styles. Usually, my signature twist-rod sets will look like a fresh set for at least 4 days. But now, my new growth starts to revert only after two! My hair still looks decent and all, but when I put my hands in my hair, I can definitely notice the difference between my new growth and permed hair.

I'm really happy with the amount of growth that I have seen over the past 8 months. I now have about 4 inches in the majority of my head (the front of my hair seems to grow a bit slower so its shorter in that area). It still a bit short for my liking at this stage of the game, but it's definitely good to see that my hair is growing. 

I can also certainly tell that it is time for another trim. For me, the more new growth that comes in, the more tangled my relaxed ends become during my washing process. It seems that the only way to rid me of this problem is to trim about an inch or two off. I think that this coming wash day I will do a bit of a trim on my hair, in addition to a clarifying wash and a hot oil treatment.

Well, that's all for now. I am certainly loving my hair at every stage of the game. Can't wait to see my hair in it's full natural state!

Until Next Time,

Quirky Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...