Tuesday, January 25, 2011

QFPMS: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo


When I first decided to transition to natural hair, I immediately went out and purchased new products, all of which had been recommended by others on various blogs and YouTube channels (something I don’t suggest that others do…). One of those first products that I purchased was Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo. After using it for a while, I can honestly give my thoughts on the product.

PRICE: This will only run you about $8 a bottle. It is sold at most drugstores, including Walmart and Target. This was definitely a HUGE plus for me.

PRODUCT CLAIMS:  The bottle states in part “Smooth As Silk Shampoo has a pearlized formula that glistens in your hand and transforms your hair into a silky palette that’s ready for anything.”

INGREDIENTS: One of my favorite things about this product is by far the ingredients. With loads of yummy treats for your hair, such as Rosemary extract, lavender extract, and Valencia orange extract, it is bound to have some powerful conditioning power on your hair. It also contains vegetable protein. If you are protein sensitive, this may not be a good thing, but my hair loves protein. On the downside, however, this product replaces sulfates with an equally harsh cleaning agent, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate. It isn’t, however, in nearly the large quantity as found in most other commercial hair care products.

SB: Want to see what the ingredients in your hair care products are supposed to do? Check out this awesome ingredient dictionary at www.tightlycurly.com/ingredients/. It includes even the most uncommon of ingredients!

MY EXPERIENCE: When I first started using this product, it seemed just like any other shampoo that I used in the past. There wasn’t anything special about it. As time went on, my hair felt a tad drier than I would like after using it, but nothing that a pre-poo treatment couldn’t counteract. 

FINAL THOUGHTS: This shampoo is just ok. There isn’t really anything special about it to me. I’ll continue to use this product until the bottle is empty, but beyond that, I’m not too sure that I would re-purchase it again. If I was in a bind and needed a shampoo immediately, this is a good option, but it definitely isn’t my favorite.

FTC Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. I purchased this product myself. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...