Friday, January 28, 2011

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner Product Review

This is the deep conditioner that I have been using since the start of my transition. I thought I should tell you all about the product that I’ve been using before I start trying new things for DC.

PRICE: Just like its counter parts, this will run you about $8 for an 8oz. I found a 33.5oz bottle for just $13 at Marshalls.

PRODUCT CLAIMS:  “Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner makes your hair feel so smooth, so silky, so amazingly detangled. It works only where needed to create a silky-smooth palette that’s repaired, renewed, and aredy for you own unique kind of style.”

INGREDIENTS: Like most of the other products from this brand, the ingredients are absolutely delectable. What I love most is that the first ingredient listed after water is Rosemary Extract. Rosemary extract is known for stimulating hair growth. What kinky curly coily head doesn’t want that? Like all products from Giovanni, this product does contain protein, so for all you protein sensitive heads out there be weary.

MY EXPERIENCE: In all honesty, it took about a month before I really started seeing a difference in my hair. (Proof that you have to use a product for a little bit to see what it can really do for you). My hair was softer once I rinsed it out in the beginning, but it wasn’t nearly as soft as it is now. Now when I put my hair in 4 big twists to DC, by the end of the 30 minutes my hair is so soft that the twists untwist themselves. Even after I rinse the conditioner out, my hair remains extremely smooth and soft to the touch. This product gives EXCELLENT slip, which makes it a dream to detangle with. Additionally, my hair does seem to have a little more shine to it after I rinse it out (not a significant difference, but a difference none the less).

FINAL THOUGHTS: I like this conditioner (obviously since I’ve been using it for the past 8 months lol). One of the great things is that this DC not only increases moisture in the hair but it also has some protein, which my hair loves. This product will certainly stick around for a while, but I prefer to use a product that was meant to be a deep conditioner (this is meant to be a rinse out conditioner).  I am certainly still open for trying other deep conditioners.

FTC Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. I purchased this product myself. All opinions are my own

1 comment:

  1. very nice blogs!!! i have to learning for lot of information for this sites...Sharing for wonderful information.

    Best Hair Conditioner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...