Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dear Hair Diary: I Love My 8month post Curly Fro!




{Note: From time to time, when I'm feeling a particular way about my hair, I will post a journal entry in my hair diary. This is the first of those posts! Enjoy!}

My twist-rod sets usually last anywhere from a week to a week and a half. The current set I'm rocking (done last Thursday) is no different. When I woke up this morning, I started my usual routine. I let the steam from the shower give a little moisture to my hair. Once out of the shower and fully dressed, it was finally time to get my hands in my hair (which has become my FAVORITE part of the getting ready process these days). 

I slathered on about two quarter-sized amounts of my favorite oil to moisturize, seal, and impart some shine (I believe my hair does better with oil based moisturizers but I'm still experimenting with that slightly...). A finger fluff here, a little shake there, and I was ready to place my hair accessory on for the day. I chose a blackish silver stretch band that I had picked up from Forever 21 a few days ago. Since I had a lot of damage on my front hairline from my perming days, I try not to use accessories that place a lot of stress on those places. The band that I chose for the day was a little tighter than I would have liked for everyday use, but I figured since I would only be wearing it for the day that it wouldn't be that bad. A few more finger fluffs and I was ready to go. Very little manipulation to my hair (which is ideal for me while I transition) and a total styling time of about 5 minutes. Not too shabby if you ask me. 

Throughout the day, whenever I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror I couldn't help but smile. I absolutely LOVE my hair. It was curly, full, and luscious! While my hair is not completely natural yet, I can't wait to see how awesome my curly fro will be. If I'm loving the results now with half curly, half relaxed hair, I can only imagine the results of maybe a bantu knot out on my fully natural hair.

Here are a few more views of my hair today:




Yowzers my lashes look long here! Believe it or not, all I did was put on mascara (one that I've been trying out). Yep, I think that one's a keeper!

The final overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...