Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quick Tip: Scalp Massages for Hair Growth


While are many things that you can put on your hair in an effort to maintain length, the true secret to encouraging growth starts beneath the skin. One way to assist your internal bodily functions in growing you gorgeous locks is to give yourself regular scalp massages. Scalp massages increase the flow of blood to your scalp, providing your hair follicles with more of the nutrients they need to optimally grow your hair.

As a person with dry skin (resulting in a dry scalp), it is pertinent for me to keep my scalp moisturized by oiling it regularly. Recently, I began incorporating scalp massages in my scalp oiling routine. I start by distributing oil on my scalp using a small tipped applicator bottle (the kind used to apply hair color). I use just enough oil to cover my scalp (when it comes to oiling your scalp, a little goes a long way; you don't want the oil dripping all over the place).  Once distributed, I take the pads of my fingers and massage the oil into my scalp in small, circular motions using varying pressure. This ensures that the oil is not only reaching all parts of my scalp, but also encourages blood to flow to my scalp which allows the additional nutrients in the oil to absorb into my skin to work in conjunction with the nutrients supplied by my blood.

In the past, I have done scalp massages just on wash day as part of my pre-poo treatment, but I have since increased scalp massages to about 2 - 3 times a week, coinciding with the days I re-moisturize my hair (I figured that the washing process could serve as an additional scalp massage so no need to waste oil on that day lol). Since having too much stuff on the scalp will suffocate hair follicles, I opt for a light oil that absorbs into my skin easily.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to trade methods with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

    ---------------------
    Tunt hår kille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Particularly reviving, articles which can to be gotten a handle on, may unendingly upgraded so it can help the peruser in finding the data you require.
    Celebrity wigs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff. New exclusive song by Music MG, this is a very good song.

    Dreadlocks San Antonio

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...