Thursday, February 17, 2011

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Product Review


One of the first lines of products that I learned about when doing my initial product research was Giovanni. Immediately, I ran to my local Target (Walmart also carries this line, but Target has sample sizes) and looked at what this line had to offer. I picked up some sample sizes of a few products, including this one, and gave it a shot. Initially, this was my leave-in before I tried Kinky Curly Knot Today. To give an accurate review, I decided to revisit this product since I still had a quite a bit left in the bottle.

PRICE: Like other products from this brand, a full size bottle will cost you about $8.

PRODUCT CLAIMS: The bottle states the following: “To create condition and style, you need to go directly to the source. Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture conditioner penetrates into each individual hair to provide exactly what’s needed, every time. This leave-in treatment uses enriched proteins to repair hair as you go through the day. It also plumps hair so it feels thicker, more bodified. Styled. Weightlessly. By infusing each strand with proteins, hair goes directly to style”

INGREDIENTS: Like the other products from Giovanni, the ingredients within this product are mouthwateringly good. Something that I didn’t notice before (out of pure ignorance of hair care product ingredients) is that this product contains Aloe Vera juice, which makes me excited. Aloe Vera juice is an ingredient that naturally has a pH of about 4.5, which is great for sealing moisture into the hair. Since my goal is to retain as much moisture as possible, I’m glad that I took the time to revisit this product. This leave-in does contain protein, so for you protein sensitive curlies out there, this may not be the product for you.

MY EXPERIENCE: When I first started using this product a while back, I was really kind of indifferent to it. It was the very first leave-in conditioner that I had used ever so I wasn’t really sure what it was supposed to do and the results that I should be seeing with it.  It did make my hair moisturized and shiny. When I used this product again last week, I could definitely tell the difference between this and KCKT. It's a bit thicker than KCKT, but absorbs into my hair about the same. It takes a bit more product to detangle which ultimately weighs my hair down. It did make my hair soft after it dried.

FINAL THOUGHTS: While this product is certainly good, I find that my detangling time is just so much shorter with KCKT. It is definitely a product I would recomend to someone who would like to try it, but KCKT is just much much better for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...